Hello Beloved Family,
Guess what!!! Sister Lau is training next move!! Yeah! So, on
Thursday, I will leave the lovely land of Yuen Long and a missionary
fresh from the MTC will come in and get the privilege of being Sister
Lau's companion! We are in shock and very very happy (I get to be a
grandmother!). Sister Lau feels a little overwhelmed, but she's ready, I
can tell you.
So, this past week has been wonderful and full of miracles. Sister
Lau and I's resolve to talk to 10 people each day has led to miracles
over and over again (lots of people willing to hear more, actually).
Where to begin?
Well, let's update about Karen: she's going strong still, but her
mom wouldn't let her go to church yesterday because she had to go visit a
relative. Sad. We're hoping to see Karen soon so we can find a way to
meet her mother and talk with her. Bessie has also been busy this week,
as has Siu Jimuih. So this means that this week was mostly spent out
finding in lots of little miracle villages in Yuen Long. I am realizing
that even after 7 months here, there are so many nooks and crannies of
this place that I've never even set foot in. They are really very
traditional places with lots of baai-sahn, but sometimes you have
miracles like this lady who invited us in and let us teach the
Restoration (even though her daughter in law came in later and made us
leave. Sigh. Opposition.) But I really feel like all of this finding is
really getting this area ready for growth. Truly. Speaking of that,
guess who came to church yesterday? The policeman Danny Leung! Yeah! He
loved it, too. He made friends with Brother Cheung who is a retired army
guy, too, and they are definitely a lot alike. We are excited.
Also, we have a new investigator who is amazing. His name is A-
SIng, and he is 15. He was a former investigator of the elders. They
found him again as they were going through their phone and getting rid
of old numbers. They found his number and called it, scheduled him, and
turned him over to us! He is very bright and very easy to get along
with, and really wants to find an answer to know if what we share is
true. If he gets baptized, our YMs in Yuen Long will be doubled......We
are really hoping for this.
Oh, funny story from this week. You know that Cantonese is a
humbling language when after almost a year here, you make mistakes like
this:
While teaching Siu Jm's kids, I wanted to explain about Jesus
Christ, so I said, with all the force I could, that I knew that Jesus
Christ was our older brother (a-go). But I actually ended up saying
(ah-gou). Which means tooth paste. The little kids lost it and I just
had to laugh too. Ah well.
But to summarize this week, we have had so many experiences this
week of following little promptings and finding out that we were
answering a prayer or otherwise doing the Lord's work. He really really
really loves us. This is what I have learned.
Also, speaking of training and participating in different phases of
this work, I would like to share 1 Cor 3:5-10. At least, I think that's
where it is. About Apollos watering but God giving the increase. We
build different parts of the foundation in this work, but really God is
the one who helps it move forward. IT is a privilege to get to see it
and to participate. I love youall and am grateful for your love.
Love,
Sister Nielsen
P.S. The photos are from the museum of art last week and from the new display we made in the Yuen Long chapel this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment